It is common knowledge that if you want to get rid of cellulite fast then exercising on a regular basis is crucial. Don’t fall for the trap of thinking that you can just take some “miracle pill” and your cellulite will vanish forever by the time you wake up tomorrow morning. It won’t, and not only that, it might even start to get worse due to your low levels of inactivity by spending hours on the couch in front of the TV. There’s nothing wrong with watching reruns of Criminal Minds as long as you don’t sit there with a tub of Ben & Jerry’s or a bowl of delicious chips! Opt for some healthy, non-fattening high carb treats instead.
Without a doubt, becoming more active is the best way to get rid of cellulite fast, and you can start immediately with the 6 cardio exercises below.
- Running. At the end of the day, gym membership prices are at an all time high, which means if money is tight then you want to choose an activity that is completely free to pursue. Luckily, running is one such activity, as all you need is a pair of good running shoes and you are good to go. If you go this route, make sure you buy quality shoes that fit or you may run into foot problems down the road.
- Cycling. When you consider that most people get cellulite on their thighs and buttocks, it makes perfect sense to make cycling one of your regular exercises. The reason? Because cycling tones the muscles in your legs, as well as burning plenty of calories so you can get rid of those fatty deposits under your skin once and for all. I really love this one and I’ve taken it up lately with great results. The biggest change i have noticed is my quadriceps muscles have slightly increased in size and it makes my legs look sleek, firm, and very sexy. Or so my husband says!
- Power walking. Maybe running and cycling is a bit too extreme for you right now, especially if you haven’t exercised in a while? In this kind of situation, power walking is an excellent alternative, as it is not too strenuous but still burns enough calories to make it an effective way to eliminate cellulite. Here, you also need a decent pair of walking shoes so you don’t run into any type of foot problem in the future. This is, by far, the people’s choice for the easiest and most common way to get exercise and you know what? It really works!
- Aerobics. Women all around the country enjoy taking part in aerobics classes, and if you are yet to join in the fun then you might want to think about signing up for a class near you. However, you don’t even need to leave your house to get started in aerobics, as there are many DVDs out there that allow you to start exercising in the comfort of your own home. Even the old tried and trusted “Sweatin’ With the Oldies” videos by Richard Simmons works well!
- Playing a sport. Who said exercising has to be boring? If there is a particular sport that you really enjoy, then it’s definitely a good idea to round up a few friends and start playing it on a regular basis. As an example, if you enjoy tennis, then try and find 3 people so you can play a doubles match. Sports give your body a great workout, and is an effective way to get rid of cellulite fast no matter what your age.
- Swimming. For years, many people used to go swimming at least once a week but this has started to decline dramatically recently. Fortunately, that is good news for you, as there will be plenty of room for you to swim freely at your local swimming pool. Even light swimming provides your body with a great all over cardio workout, and it is a fun way to burn calories and remove cellulite. If you have access to a pool in your backyard or in your homeowner’s association, take advantage of it. There are few all-around exercises as powerful as this one and if you do it consistently and follow a healthy low-carb diet, my guess is you can quickly make cellulite a thing of the past.
Remember to start slow if you have been out of the exercise scene for a while. Additionally, you may want to consult a physician for approval if you have had any health problems. The worst thing to do is to overdo it when you just start out because you will quickly lose interest.