5 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Cellulite Fast
If you are sick and tired of that “orange peel look,” that’s driving you crazy, then you are no doubt looking for a solution. I feel your pain because I have been there. Recent estimates suggest that as much as 90-95% of women in the United States suffer from cellulite at once time or another and it is also an increasing problem among men.
So just how do you get rid of cellulite fast and naturally? Find out more with the tips below…
- Drink plenty of water. One possible cause of cellulite is fluid retention, and this is often because of excess sodium in your body. With this in mind, it’s a good idea to drink plenty of water every single day, as this will start to flush the sodium out of your system and restore everything back to normal. I carry a gallon of water with me on the weekends but it’s a little more difficult and much more expensive during the week as I place 5 bottles of water in a little cooler so I can drink them throughout the day. A great alternative is to use the same empty name brand water bottles to fill them up with filtered tap water if your water is drinkable in your area. There are many cheap water filters out there that you can attach to your kitchen sink faucet.
- Don’t smoke. In this day and age, smoking just isn’t cool anymore. Sure, 50 years ago everyone used to smoke but these days most people have wised up to this terrible habit. If you are still a smoker then you might have noticed that your skin doesn’t have as much “elasticity” as it used to. This is because cigarettes contain many harmful toxins that attack the skin and start to age it prematurely. Needless to say, cellulite is all part of this process, which means if you want to get rid of cellulite fast and naturally then the smoking habit will just have to go. My husband and I never smoke unless we are at a party and someone offers a great quality stogie!
- Beat the stress. Surprisingly, a major cause of cellulite is stress, due mainly to the fact that stress causes hormonal changes in the body which then leads to problems with your skin. For this reason, it’s highly recommended that you beat the stress in order to “beat the cellulite,” so you can feel confident about showing off your legs and hips once again. There is so much involved in trying to beat your stress. Everyone has different degrees of it and it’s very difficult for many due to this thing called life! Try yoga, meditation, exercising, or even just relaxing for a few hours in front of the TV each night.
- Cardio exercises. Excess fat storage = unsightly cellulite, which is why you need to start dropping the pounds in order to lose weight and then get rid of cellulite. This can seem like a really huge task for some people, especially if it’s been a few years since you last went to a gym or did something active on a regular basis. However, it doesn’t need to be scary or challenging, as you only have to do a few basic exercises in order to start seeing results. For example, you could take up jogging, cycling, or swimming to start increasing your cardio, and then supplement this activity with basic leg exercises to firm and tone your calves, thighs, hips, and buttocks. Always consult with a doctor before you embark on a diet.
- Get a massage. At the end of the day getting rid of cellulite doesn’t have to be painful. In fact, it can be downright pleasurable, especially if you get a massage from a trained practitioner. There are many benefits to regular massages, such increased blood circulation, less stress, and a smoothing of your sensitive skin tissue…all of which help beat the cellulite!